The following analysis of the Loudoun County, Virginia housing market has been prepared for the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® based on analysis of MRIS multiple listing data.
• Loudoun County’s median sales prices increased for the 10th consecutive month in June, climbing 0.7 percent to $445,000. This marks a 41 percent appreciation versus the $315,000 low of April 2009.
• Closed sales are back up after a two month recess this spring, up 2.5 percent over June 2015.
• New listing activity increased slightly versus last year, with 992 homes added in June, up 0.6 percent from June 2015.
• There were 1,848 homes for sale at the end of the month, which is down 16.5 percent from this time last year, leaving only 3.5 months of supply.
• Half the homes sold in June were listed for 13 days or less, down 38 percent from June 2015, when the market was more balanced with 4.6 months of supply.